Sand & Finish flooring
OUR WOOD FLOOR SANDING AND REFINISHING PROCESS
- STEP 1 – We start by giving the area to be sanded a thorough clean and punching nails deeper into the boards where required.
- STEP 2 – We sand the floor with a weighted rotary sander, which removes less timber than a belt sander, so your floor will last.
- STEP 3 – We continue sanding, using progressively finer grades of sandpaper to remove scratches and discolouring, and give your floor a clean finish.
- STEP 4 – Next,sand the edges with a hand held rotary sander, with a final sand using orbital sander to leave a smooth, scratch free finish.
- STEP 5 – We will then apply a barrier seal to prepare it for coating. If required, we can follow this up with a thin coat of a desired toner.
- STEP 6 – The last step is applying two coats of a high density, two-pack water-based polyurethane for a durable finish.